your own planet

the poetry of dr zen

Wednesday, February 16, 1994

Nothing holds me down

you wake in a rosey pink dawn
been sleeping in a haze
found all your thoughts in all directions
you were otherwise engaged

you slept on a cloud
in a million degrees of light
in a dream of aching years
curled up tight

I held you in my arms
and me and mine
I drank to you with laughter
I drank to you with wine

Anyone who had the soul to see
beyond the things that cannot be
Anyone who ever wonders
Anyone who's floating free.

Nothing restrains us
Nothing can hold us down
Above our heads are stars
beneath our feet the ground

Nothing contains me
No chains or bounds
I was looking for a life to dream
but there's living all around

You sleep on a sea of silver
bathing in a dream
find wings of hope and love
beautiful and clean

Anyone who outwalks the shade
left behind them by the sun
Anyone who has anything
to give to anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home