your own planet

the poetry of dr zen

Tuesday, February 16, 1993

Stay at home

In a glass - I saw
everything I fear
come to pass

you could have known
should have foretold
some of the places you least want to go
turn out to be home

I know - we have to part
it has to happen
you cannot have a heart

I should never have
let it happen
this way
I reach out for a place
I could never stay

you'll have to be alone
stay at home - never roam
you'll have to pay
for every trip
to every place you've gone

this is the way
of every part of human living
when what you get
is not worth the price
of what you're giving


you never learn - you burn
your itching feet
back to where you began
return

you stay at home now
never stray far
should stay at home now
never go far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home